New to 3D printing and I need some assistance

• I am a complete "noob" to 3D printing in general but I've always had an interest in it. I have been learning to create my own hardware (circuit boards, Arduino projects, Raspberry Pi projects but the lack of a "home" for these projects makes them feel incomplete. My main use for a printer would be custom cases for my projects along with a few print designs I may find interesting along the way. Since I would mainly be using the printer to make cases, the detail (resolution) wouldn't need to be flawless by any means. Cleaning up and sanding down the builds wouldn't be bothersome, either.

Filament: I was thinking either ABS or Nylon would probably be fine

Resolution: 0.2 to 0.3 mm seems to be the average for consumer models and that would be absolutely fine.

Dimensions: I am indecisive on this one but an average xyz mm would be fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Lasty,

Brand: I have no experience with these companies or their products listed on this site. Any feedback on this would be appreciated.

As I mentioned twice, any help would definitely be appreciated and not go to waste. I would go out on a limb and just try a random brand but, with my luck, it would either not be able to complete the tasks required due to any restraints that specific model may have or it would fail on me very quickly.

Thank you for taking the time to repost and/or reply to this post.

• I would suggest that you start with PLA or PetG, both will make satisfactory cases, and much easier to start off with.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.