Gcode File to big to preview

• Hi all, sorry if this has been asked before, i couldn't find anything via google or this forums search.

I was working on a relatively large print design and was running it through Matter control 1.5 (the Robo 3D version if that matters)
    after getting it all set up on my PC i tried to get the layer view up and after generating it, it now reads "Gcode file to big to preview" (well, it froze up the design totally and needed MC to be closed and reopened, but now it shows that error)

Other files work fine, including the companion part to the one giving me the error, (designed in the same workflow and exported at the same time etc.)

Anything i can do to resolve this problem? or should i find another tool / estimator to pre-plan the print time/filament then just use MC for the actual print.

Any advice would be wonderful, ty in advance.
    ~lin

• MatterHackers

That is a great question.
    I would say try to open it up in MatterControl 2.0 which can be downloaded from mattercontrol.com.

MC 1.5 is extremely outdated and likely had a bug in the software which impeeded opening larger files.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.