Bed Temps Swings

• Just trying to print something and the bottom of what im printing is warping. I haven't had this issue at all. I stopped all 3 and noticed on my last one that the temp on the bed was swinging from 70 to 20's and all over which is what caused the part to warp.
    Any ideas of what to check? I have reset the printer and its still doing it. I am printing NylonX at 260 hotend and 70 bed temp and have used this setting since day one with no issues to any of my parts that I print. As its printing for the 4th time I am still watching the temps swing from 70 to 45 and all over.

Help!

• Perhaps the thamal sensor is breaking down.

• MatterHackers

@erievon said in Bed Temps Swings:

t trying to print something and the bottom of what im printing is warping. I haven't had this issue at all. I stopped all 3 and noticed on my last one that the temp on the bed was swinging from 70 to 20's and all over which is what caused the part to warp.

I agree with Ernie here, it sounds like your bed thermistor may be malfunctioning or perhaps has a loose connection somewhere causing the temperature to fluctuate wildly like that.

• Thanks I will give that a look and see.

• Check the connector on the Rambo mini board. I had the same thing. Mine came with the bed wire just hanging out of the box without strain relief now your bed keeps going back and forth and with that wiggles the connector which starts arcing and destroys the connector on the board. Pull the connector off if the one on the board is cracked or discolorated or shows other signs of arcing than this is the problem. Also watch the led - if you set the temp for lets say 80 and it say less than 76 and the light is not solid but off or blinking then you have temporarily no connection of power to the bed. also check the power at the bed. when you are heating. Set it to 80 and put a meter at the bed while its heating up it should get close to 12 Volts. If it does not check the voltage at the power imput plug if its low there too then its cause the PS cannot keep up. the Rambo mini instructions states a PS of >16 amps and the Pulse supply is 15A so if you heat both the hotend and Bed you run the PS at 100% and over so that is not too good if you want it to last. If there is no strain relief and the connectors are still fine - put some strain relief there. The PS should be at 12V or slightly above all the time. If you have the PS with the Din type plut then each pin is rated at 7.5 A max and the bed draws more than that.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.