Some reluctance

• I have had a Matter Touch now for over a year, and due to a breakdown and having to completely rebuild the printer have not got around to even connecting it up. now I have the printer back in use I am really reluctant to use it, Why you may ask.

Well after comparing printing times with other slicer programs I find that the printing times of Matter control to be far in excess to others mainly, simplify3d, the times for small prints are fairly identical, but as they get larger there is a great increase in the difference, sometimes double the time. I have tried to keep the setting as close as possible.

Why is this so, and is there a chance that this could change in the future.

• MatterControl's estimates for print length are inaccurate, and tend to estimate prints will take longer than they actually do. I haven't done any actual testing, but from my experience I'd guess that estimates are typically about 125% of actual print time.

• Thanks Ryan,

next time I need two of something I will try both S#D and matter control to see just what the real time difference is.

• I have done the same print with all 3 slicers and they pretty much the same

• Thanks, that sounds very promisising.

• MatterHackers

Any difference in actual print time will be almost entirely related to differences in slice settings.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.