Prime Tower only used for Extruder 1?

• When configured with 2 extruders, the prime tower is only ever printed with extruder 1.

The prime tower is never used to prime extruder 2.

MatterSlice will print the prime tower layer, print the model using extruder 1, then immediately print the supports.

It's not splitting the prime tower, nor is it alternating extruders for each layer.

There seems to be some other weirdness in the prime tower generation as well, with it skipping several layers in a row for now reason.

Has anyone set up a successful multi material print using the prime tower?

Alan

• Are you using the second extruder for support material or for another part of the object?

• I'm just using extruder 2 for support.

Support Material Extruder and Support Interface Extruder are set to 2.

While it does actuate extruder 2 when depositing support material, it does so without priming.

The prime tower is filled only from extruder 1.

• I've virtually experimented (without real printing, just g-code viewer), and i can see that wipe shield isn't used for support! It is used for 2 materials, but not for third (which is support in my case). Another strange thing is: after material1detail has ended, and only material2detail left in top part of composition, wipe shield is printed with material1!

I don't know if it is true for wipe tower or not, i prefer shield.

• MatterHackers

Thanks for the feedback. These issues will be fixed in the next build. The wipe tower is significantly improved.

• @LarsBrubaker said:

Thanks for the feedback. These issues will be fixed in the next build. The wipe tower is significantly improved.

When you say "next build", do you mean 1.5.4?

Wipe shield and wipe tower for ALL nozzles are absolutely essential for the correct functioning of multi-extruder printer. Therefore I need it right now in order for me to print soluble supoort structures.

Is the fixed wipe shield and wipe tower already available at the git master? If not, when will it hit the git master? And which branch is this fix located now?

Thanks!

• The next version will be 1.6. Dual extrusion improvements will be a priority for that version, but the work still needs to be done. This issue is not yet fixed in git, but a bug report has been filed so you can track the progress.

• @unlimitedbacon said:

The next version will be 1.6. Dual extrusion improvements will be a priority for that version, but the work still needs to be done. This issue is not yet fixed in git, but a bug report has been filed so you can track the progress.

So are there committs related to fixing this bug in any branches? If so, could you please point it out so we can test?

And when do we expect 1.6 to be released? Are there any chance for this fix to be available in 1.5.4?

Thanks!

• There are no commits related to this bug yet, but once there are they will be in the master branch. The bug report on Github is the best place to track the progress. 1.6 is still a few months away. There will not be a 1.5.4.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.