Droopy Overhangs

• I've tried printing these items on a Lulzbot Taz 4 and Lulzbot Mini 1. Both have droopy overhangs. The slicing programs determine that supports are not needed so I'm not quite sure what to do here. Any suggestions?

0_1549979156093_image1.jpeg
    0_1549979169346_IMG_3404.JPG

• MatterHackers

Hey @underdog1924

This has a bit to do with settings but the software is right the overhang does not need support. So essentially this kind of edge is right there on the cusp of not needing support and needing it.

I would say to force supports but make sure an option called "Dense Layer Support" is enabled in the settings. Some software's will call it something different but for the most part it creates a raft like support between the part and support. This will help clean up overhangs a bit but may not eliminate the issue.

Try increasing the fan percentage on those early layers and run just a bit slower. Other than that the angle is fairly steep so cleaning it up is going to be a bit tough.

• Thanks for the info. Do you know where this might be hidden in Lulzbot Cura?

• MatterHackers

Here you go!

alt text

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.