Cura profile?

• MatterHackers

@barnes-jonathan @kagekitsune If you want to set up a Cura profile, then add a custom printer into Cura and place the Pulse machine settings into the profile. Make sure to include the Pulse start and end g-code into the profile to ensure that the printer homes to the correct location.

• so in the cura profile at the start code i remove everything and put this in?
    G28 ; home all axes
    M104 S[temperature]

and the same for the end code?

M104 S0 ; turn off temperature
    G28 Z0
    G28
    M84 ; disable motors

is there anything else thats needed? thanks for the help scott

• I got it to work in Cura 3.4.1
    the parts I was missing was adjusting the stainless set screw at the top right of the printer to move the print head down (z axis) until it was the correct offset from the print bed.
    second part I was missing, was I had an undefined temperature in my Gcode. M104 S[temperature]
    my G code ignorance didn't realize I needed to put the temperature after M104 S
    so I am using M104 S214

its working great.
    my next goal is to adjust that stainless hex bolt on my other three pulse printers with the hope of using one profile for the four printers (I am in an educational setting and having four different profiles, one for each printer, is not easy to manage.

• I had to slightly modify one of the spacer nuts on the back left of the bed. I removed it, and filed it down with three passes on both ends with a metal file. reinstalled it, and now the first layer is printing perfect.

• @dirtbikes987 Where did you see the z-offset from mattercontrol after bed leveling?

Also has anyone got a gcode version of auto bed leveling working?

• If anyone has a working Cura profile for the Pulse, could you post it somewhere? I'd love to use Cura as the slicer for this printer.

• MatterHackers

Hey @dirtbikes987

I dropped you a message in the other forum post, take a look and let me know what you have.

• I've been talking with MatterHackers support and they sent me some starting G-Code that you can use assuming you have a 'D' model Pulse. (I think the sticker is on the back of the gantry with the model number)

I have not yet had a chance to test it yet, but this is what they sent:

G28 ; home all axes
    M280 P0 S160 ; clear probe status
    M280 P0 S10 ; deploy probe
    G29 ; run firmware mesh leveling
    M280 P0 S90 ; retract probe
    G1 X15 Y10 Z0.8 F1800 ; move to front corner of bed
    G92 E0 ; reset extruder position
    G1 X100 Z0.3 E20 F900 ; purge hot end
    G92 E0 ; reset extruder position
    G1 E-2 F3600 ; retract filament

You can change or delete anything after "M280 P0 S90" if you don't want to use the purge line.

• hey - i tried to put my Pulse back into operation again a couple of months ago and ended up just printing things that could slice in matter control... so the printer went out of operation pretty quickly.

i am going to use this forum to try to get it going with cura again!

question: do we not have the ability to set the z off-set in the firmware?

• @rsteel517 how do we manage z offset with this gcode?

• @scott-cahoon Hi

i really wish you guys would not be so vague here: you say what to do - could you post the values and the gcode to set the settings?

its clear that the community wants to use Cura (at least some of us) - maybe help us?

• FWIW you probably can slice it in CURA and then run it through MC. It works that way with SLIC3R which I use. They want you to use MC at all costs it seems as that question has been around for as long as I have the Pulse. I think the question is how you bed level the pulse w/o MC MC adds/subtracts the offsets based on the table of the matrix it stored
    Here is my start code that works in SLIC3R
    G28 ; home all axes

M200 D1.75 ; Volumetric set to 1.75mm filament remove this line as cura does not do volumetric I think

M104 S[temperature]

M190 S[bed_temperature]

M109 S[temperature]

;
    Purge

G92 E0
    G0 X5 Y5 Z1.2 F1800

G1 X230 E50 Z1.2 F900
    G92 E0

You might have to check some of the variable names in []
    This is my end code
    ; Retract and move away
    G91
    G1 E-[retract_length] F1200
    G90
    G0 X5 Y210 F1200
    G28 Z0

M104 S0 ; turn off temperature
    M140 S0 ; turn off heat bed
    M106 S0 ; turn off layer fan

M84 ; disable motors

Make sure you set the bed correctly with 0,0 in the front left corner. Now if someone figures a manual leveling procedure out for this probably involving g29 in some form I'd be happy as I removed the bltouch as I got tired of getting the leg ripped off every time a print curls or disloges

• G29 does not work on the pulse they must have disabled it in the firmware

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.