Making a small box!?

• Hi All,
    I am new to MatterControl but so far found it intuitive.
    I am trying to make a small box, 150mm high x 27mm deep x 104mm wide when stood on end. I only want the bottom and the 4 sides, no top.
    I have tried importing the 'box' shape but cannot find any way to 'hollow it out'.
    So, I have built the 5 sides separately, placed them appropriately and 'combined them.
    I then export to SImplify3D to slice but I am getting 'non-manifold edge' and 'self intersecting surfaces' errors.
    When I slice the 'empty' box has webs inside it and a lid on despite no internal fill or top layers being selected.
    Anyone have any idea or am I completely off track here?

Thanks in advance

Mark

• MatterHackers

A very easy way to make this.

1. Switch to the Alpha build and download the latest (this has a vastly improved subtract tool). This new build will be release in the next few weeks, but you can get it now.
    2. Add a cube
    3. Add a second cube
    4. Scale and position the second cube
    5. Subtract the second cube from the first

Done!

alt text

alt text

• Hello and thank you for your very informative reply.I will give this a go and let you know how it goes..

• Works a treat, again thank you for taking the time to pass on the detailed instructions....

• MatterHackers

@mcbutler

We generally give it a good shot ad providing what we can in the best manner possible. Lars here just like to one-up me!

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.