Twist or Rotate Camera View

• Where in the world is the option to rotate or twist the camera in the new version of MatterControl? I am talking about the ability to twist the camera like a barrel roll. Currently, if you are looking at the Front of the object and then rotate the camera to the side, the x-axis of the camera is now off-kilter with the plane of the print bed. It is very difficult to get it lined back up.

In the prior version of the software I believe you could hold ctrl+right click (or maybe just right click) to twist the camera.

• MatterHackers

There are a couple of ways to do this. The easiest is to use the sides of the tumble cube.

You can also make little circles with the middle mouse button held down. This is very similar to the way the track ball control works in OnShape.

There is currently no direct way to barrel role the camera. We will look into more ways to accomplish what you are needing in the future.

Here is a gif of using the tumble cube:

tumble cube

• I love MatterControl, but this problem makes me insane.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.