Installed new linux version, now I can't run MatterControl at all?

• When I first got MatterControl working on my machine at home, it was on Ubuntu 16.04LTS.
    I installed Ubuntu's version (old) using:

sudo apt install mattercontrol

then the program was in the path:

MatterControl

Given that it was old and crashed on a large model, I followed the instructions in the wiki: http://wiki.mattercontrol.com/Development/Running_on_Linux

I installed mono 4.4 following the instructions, and installed the .deb package.

Looking at what is installed, I can see /usr/lib/mattercontrol. Inside I see libsetserial is executable, and no MatterControl executable at all.
    I do see lots of files with the suffix .exe, which are not executable. Are those windows executables, or are they supposed to be runnable on linux? Why are they not executable?

I can try to build from source but hoped someone at matterhackers would like to fix the installation, since it seems quite broken. Or am I missing something basic? How is mattercontrol run when installed in this way? I cannot find the executable MatterControl.

• You just run mattercontrol from the terminal (all lowercase) or find the MatterControl shortcut in your application menu.

The path of the actual executable file is /usr/bin/mattercontrol. MatterControl is a Mono application, so yes the files with the .exe extension are correct, even on Linux.

AFAIK, MatterControl has never been packages in Ubuntu's repositories. I don't know how you were ever able to install it through that method.

• @unlimitedbacon thanks. All I know is I had a working install, and didn't notice /usr/bin, that's odd in itself because I was using locate which found /usr/lib/mattercontrol but not the other.
    It was MatterControl before. Most important, you are right, and I have it back!

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.