Can settings be changed during pause?

• Hello, all,

I was wondering if (and if so, which) settings could be changed while the program was paused mid-print? I have a block-shaped part, 4" x 3" x 1", which represents a half-mold for a medical device. The mold cavity is only in the top 1/3" of the part. Is it possible to print the main block bottom in low resolution and then pause to change the resolution to high when it gets to the mold cavity?

• MatterHackers

@SusanofRG The only way to do this is to physically change the height in the actual G-Code (very labor intensive) or use a slicer that gives you that option. Cura and Slic3r claim that you can do this as part of their settings, but I have no first hand experience with this capability.

• @susanofrg Simplify 3D has the ability to create multiple processes which allows you to change anything in the profile at any layer. But there are two problems: 1) It costs $150 and 2) if you have something like a Pulse printer you can not take advantage of the automatic bed leveling.

• MatterHackers

We are actually working on two solution that would help with what you are trying to do:

1. Set the desired layer height progressively throughout the print (variable layer height)
    2. Add the ability to 'Re-Slice' anytime during the print and then automatically switch to the new gcode at the next layer change.

Look for this and other features coming into the new 2.0 build over the next months (and ongoing).

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.