Problem Calibrating Extruder using MatterControl

• I'm attempting to calibrate my extruder using MatterControl. I can connect to the printer and move all axes fine. I tell the extruder to extrude 100mm of filament and it extrudes 94. I go to options to find out the current settings in the printer's firmware so I can calculate the required adjustment and I get an error message saying that there is no mapping for my printer's firmware. The printer is an Anet A6 which, I believe, uses the same board as the Anet A8. Since 3D MakerNoob was able to get MatterControl to work with his A8, I'm assuming that I have a problem somewhere. There was a window which popped up the first time I tried this saying that I should wait while MatterControl installed software for my device but the progress bar on this window never moved and it eventually went away. I haven't seen that window since.

Any ideas?

• MatterControl only has EEPROM mapping for printers running Marlin or Repetier firmware. Your printer is probably running a firmware which MatterControl does not recognize. You can still change the settings you need to, but you will have to do it by hand through the G-Code terminal. See the RepRap wiki on using the M503 and M500 commands.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.