Home Position

• I'm new to the 3D Printing world and I have a Geeetech A10 printer setup and printing parts. However, when I HOME the print head, it falls approx 10mm off the edge of my glass bed in X and Y. I have the bed dimensions set to what the factory recommends at 220, 220 with 110,110 as the center, but my parts don't fall in the center of the bed.

How do I correct this?

• Global Moderator

@brenthg Measure the bed manually to confirm the size and coordinates. Use these coordinates in your slicer.

• @tinken said in Home Position:

@brenthg Measure the bed manually to confirm the size and coordinates. Use these coordinates in your slicer.

I read somewhere in another forum that the print head HOME position is suppose to be offset from the bed so any residual extrusion does not pile up in the corner.

I measured the bed and the factory 220 x 220 is accurate. That still doesn't explain why my prints are not centered. I will have to discuss this with Geeetech Technical Support.

• @brenthg said in Home Position:

@tinken said in Home Position:

I read somewhere in another forum that the print head HOME position is suppose to be offset from the bed so any residual extrusion does not pile up in the corner.

I measured the bed and the factory 220 x 220 is accurate. That still doesn't explain why my prints are not centered. I will have to discuss this with Geeetech Technical Support.

I corrected this issue by using 128,110 for the center, even though that's not actual center of the 220 x 220 bed. Not sure if that's suppose to be, but my prints are now in the center, not that it really matters.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.