Recently started crashing and screen flickering

• [0_1643612562682_1_1_MC1.mp4](Uploading 100%)

I had previously used Matter Control 2.0 with no issue, not using it for a few months, I tried to do a print. I was able to do a bed level. Then I have had flickering when moving the mouse, see video. Also when trying to open a file it it just crashes with windows saying Matter Control has stopped working.

The flickering only occurs in the Matter Control screen, not with any other print program, I tried Pruasa and Autodesk Meshmixer. No flickering or issues opening files. Also Fusion360 works fine. I unfortunately really like MatterControl and would to like to keep using at my main program. I deleted and reinstalled with same issues. Have done all Win10Pro updates and driver updates.

• I don't think the video uploaded as I don't have those privileges. What is the best way to provide a video of the issue?

• Global Moderator

@bartman upload to Youtube and then post here. What kind of video card do you have?

• Sorry had no reception for days.

https://youtu.be/mX-X519tiE0 for video

Video card NVIDIA Quadro FX 4800 1.5 GB Workstation Graphics Card
    0_1644373905993_Screenshot_2022-02-09-13-23-04-50_260528048de7f2f358f0056f785be619.jpg

On a Z600 HP workstation with dual Intel Quad core processors and 12gB of RAM. No issues running other apps including Fusion 360 and Autodesk 3d print app but I don't like it, I really like MatterControl 2.0

• Hi, so I'm experiencing this as well. But my app is not crashing. The flickering however happens a lot. It seems to ONLY happen during a print. I checked my video settings. Checked hertz range on monitor from 60Hz to 240Hz. The flicker still happens. I turned off anti-aliasing, turn on ambient occlusion to see if it helped. But nothing worked.

I'm not sure why, but it just seems to happen while it prints.

• Switching the theme to all white seems to help. However, if you add an overlay while printing. Say, you click on "Show printing area" you can see the flicker happening.

• MatterHackers

If you add this to your user folder in windows (c:\users[username]) you will switch from the OpenTK rendering backend to GLFW. I think it might fix your problem.

• @larsbrubaker Hey! Thanks a bunch!

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.