Thermistor Gui issue

• Hi all,

Working with a smoothie (MKS Sbase)

Looking to get into dual hotends.

Kinda trying to figure out an issue with my second hotend thermistor not showing up in the GUI (shows 0 contstantly) I did swap out the connections to check for operation, and all good. I also ran pronterface to rule out a damaged board, and all three temps (heatbed, hotend1, and hotend) show up. The heatbed, along with the thermistor for 1st hotend is all good in Mattercontrol, Just the second hotend not reporting in the GUI.

Many thanks is anyone can help

Frank Ryan

Nagano Japan

• If you open up the G-Code terminal and send an M105 command, what do you get back? May need to uncheck the filter output box. Would be best if you could export the log and post it.

• Thanks unlimitedbacon for the help.

Yes sent M105 and get back all responses in mattercontrol...really strange.

Been messing around with it last night, Not sure if it might be the SD card or config in some fashion. Another problem cropped up in conjunction while investigating. The mosfets that turn on the heaters for the hotends (specifically 2.6 and 2.7) seem to turn on together even though they are mapped seperately.

Working on a mac with TextEdit might be messing up the format as I seemed to had an issue with setting arm_solution to corexy when doing the initial setup. For some reason it rejected reading that line and kept loading as a cartesian. So the next step I can go about is using the config from my Delta Sbase I have to see if the board I am working on is the issue. Then will focus on the hotends to rule out a SD, config.txt or board issue.

Will post a log tomorrow if I cant work it out. If I hopefully figure it out, will post my detailed findings in case someone else happens to run into the same issue.

• Got it sorted Unlimitedbacon!!!

Think it was an issue of me using T and T1 (instead of T0 and T1) Second issue seemed to be that it needs to be linked to an extruder. If not, both hotend mosfets will turn on together.

Here is a copy of the Extruder and Hotend section of the config.txt only for those that have the same issue.

Here is a link if allowed (http://pastebin.com/rib12XYD) of the full config.txt i stumbled upon.

All mosfets now switch on respectfully and all temps are showing correctly. Hope this can help others with the SBase that are trying to setup dual hotends.

extruder.hotend1.enable                      true
    extruder.hotend1.steps_per_mm                96.43
    extruder.hotend1.default_feed_rate           600
    extruder.hotend1.acceleration                500
    extruder.hotend1.max_speed                   50
    extruder.hotend1.step_pin                    2.3
    extruder.hotend1.dir_pin                             0.22
    extruder.hotend1.en_pin                      0.21
    delta_current                                1.7

extruder.hotend2.enable true
    extruder.hotend2.steps_per_mm 96.43
    extruder.hotend2.default_feed_rate 600
    extruder.hotend2.acceleration 500
    extruder.hotend2.max_speed 50
    extruder.hotend2.step_pin 2.8
    extruder.hotend2.dir_pin 2.13
    extruder.hotend2.en_pin 4.29
    epsilon_current 1.0

Hotend temperature control configuration

temperature_control.hotend.thermistor can be one of the following:

EPCOS100K, RRRF100K, RRRF10K, Honeywell100k, Semitec, or HT100K

(source: src/modules/tools/temperaturecontrol/Thermistor.cpp)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

temperature_control.hotend1.enable true # Whether to activate this ( "hotend" ) module at all. All configuration is ignored if false.
    temperature_control.hotend1.link_to_tool true # Link enabling/disabling of this hot end to the extruder ofthe same name
    temperature_control.hotend1.thermistor_pin 0.23 # Pin for the thermistor to read
    temperature_control.hotend1.heater_pin 2.7 # Pin that controls the heater
    temperature_control.hotend1.thermistor Semitec # see http://smoothieware.org/temperaturecontrol#toc5
    temperature_control.hotend1.beta 4066 # or set the beta value
    temperature_control.hotend1.set_m_code 104 #
    temperature_control.hotend1.set_and_wait_m_code 109 #
    temperature_control.hotend1.designator T0 #
    temperature_control.hotend1.p_factor 30
    temperature_control.hotend1.i_factor 1
    temperature_control.hotend1.d_factor 15
    temperature_control.hotend1.max_pwm 255

temperature_control.hotend2.enable true # Whether to activate this ( "hotend" ) module at all. All configuration is ignored if false.
    temperature_control.hotend2.link_to_tool true # Link enabling/disabling of this hot end to the extruder ofthe same name
    temperature_control.hotend2.thermistor_pin 0.23 # Pin for the thermistor to read
    temperature_control.hotend2.heater_pin 2.7 # Pin that controls the heater
    temperature_control.hotend2.thermistor Semitec # see http://smoothieware.org/temperaturecontrol#toc5
    temperature_control.hotend2.beta 4066 # or set the beta value
    temperature_control.hotend2.set_m_code 104 #
    temperature_control.hotend2.set_and_wait_m_code 109 #
    temperature_control.hotend2.designator T1 #
    temperature_control.hotend2.p_factor 30
    temperature_control.hotend2.i_factor 1
    temperature_control.hotend2.d_factor 15
    temperature_control.hotend2.max_pwm 255

Heated bed PID configuration

temperature_control.bed.thermistor can be one of the following:

EPCOS100K, RRRF100K, RRRF10K, Honeywell100k, Semitec, or HT100K

(source: src/modules/tools/temperaturecontrol/Thermistor.cpp)

temperature_control.bed.enable true #
    temperature_control.bed.thermistor_pin 0.24 #
    temperature_control.bed.heater_pin 2.5 #
    temperature_control.bed.beta 3974 #
    temperature_control.bed.thermistor Honeywell100K #
    temperature_control.bed.set_m_code 140 #
    temperature_control.bed.set_and_wait_m_code 190 #
    temperature_control.bed.designator B #

uncomment followng to use bang bang isntead of PID for the bed (best for relay conrolled hotbeds)

#temperature_control.bed.bang_bang false # set to true to use bang bang control rather than PID
    #temperature_control.bed.hysteresis 2.0 # set to the temperature in degrees C to use as hysteresis when using bang bang

Switch module for fan control

switch.fan.enable true #
    switch.fan.input_on_command M106 #
    switch.fan.input_off_command M107 #
    switch.fan.output_pin 2.6 #
    switch.fan.output_type pwm #

• Thats good to know. The T vs T0 thing is definitely what was throwing off MatterControl. Glad you got it figured out.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.