Feature request: Add "edge radius" to primitive objects

• Rounded corners, which is essential in removing sharp edges from prints, are nearly impossible to create using this software due to the lack of edge radius support.

Examples:

• Cubes should have an advanced section which includes top/bottom/side rounded corner/edge options.
    • Cylinders should have an advanced section which includes top/bottom rounded edge options.
    • Cones should have an advanced section which includes top/bottom rounded edge options.
      You get the idea..

Making something as basic as a 6-sided die with rounded edges and corners is incredibly difficult and complicated using this software, and making something that basic should never be difficult.

Ideally, we should be able to toggle round/bevel for each edge of a primitive object and a radius in mm.

I love this software, but the lack of support for rounded edges is really aggravating.

• MatterHackers

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm happy to report that the latest version does support round for cubes and rounding for edges in general, is on our roadmap.

You can read about all the latest features here.

round cube

• Absolutely great news!

I can't wait to see rounded edges added to other primitives and maybe even existing edges as well.

Thank you!

• MatterHackers

I'll also offer that some of these things can be created with the new parametric objects and the sheet editor. Here is a share code for a rounded cube object that I made as an experiment.

To be clear you should use the real one, but this is a great technical example.

Share Code: UZA5A4AK

alt text

• Global Moderator

@larsbrubaker alt text

Now that's something you can't do in Cura.

Thank you, this will make printing Nylon and Peek more realistic. Maybe it can be added to skirt layers also someday? Very awesome, thank you!

• MatterHackers

We love making things better for customers!

Thank you for working with us and letting us know what is usefull.

• Global Moderator

@larsbrubaker If you can make multiple layers on the skirt as well, then you can make a wall up around the outside of the part. Other slicers also do this. This makes a higher heated air barrier around the outside of the part and also keeps parts from air drafts and warping.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.