Bad prints in pulse XE with lots of support structure.

• @mpirringer that must be incorrect thinking, or else they would have taken the 5 dollar hit from the over 300% profit being made to put a fan to cool it.
    Sarcasm of course.
    Just sour

• @surfmagic said in Bad prints in pulse XE with lots of support structure.:

Hi I have no warping on my other parts that have printed good previously with nylonX. They measure exactly as the computer model up and down. I had bad warping on nylon but this is nlyon X. I have a heated enclosure at 40C. The parts that print good fit exactly into other parts. I am really blown away by the perfect fits of my parts.Extremly happy with the good prints, better than expected. I just do not know why I am starting to get these layer off almost every other print which I didn't get before. But maybe its the models. I am washing the bed every time and re-calibrating the bed every time also. well, I will keep trying. Thanks for your effort to help me! 🙂

I was getting the same problem. I ended up getting it narrowed down to- incorrect z offset / initial layer too low- causing the sides of each line to spiil over and eventually build up
    With a bit of warping from fan settings or lack thereof that the nozzle would eventually hit and miss a step.
    Also z hop plus getting a more desired initial layer. Couldve been the loose heaterblock it came with. Or z axis out of sync , idk. All of them ? None of them? Your guess is as good as mine. Too bad these "prusa clones" would only qualify to as prusa's second cousin.
    Boy am i salty
    450 dollar azteeg x5 gt when they are less than 150, dont start comparing the rest of the parts , or youll be salty af too.
    My pulse is destined to be scrapped toward a voron switchfire . Not because im some goober with no brain. The parts are coming out more often than not pretty well. They fit, and are functional- mil spec. But i get closer to the edge everytime i inspect further

• MatterHackers

@rbradford1111 I removed one sentence from your comment. You're free to criticize and complain on the forum, but you don't need to use offensive language to do so.

Sorry you're upset with the printer. I'm happy to help with any specific issue.

As for the fan "issue", the Azteeg board and the BSD drivers are rated for well above what they are running at. Active cooling is simply not necessary - even in a passively heated enclosure. The Prusa, which you are fond of, doesn't have a case fan and the Einsy Rambo 2130 drivers run significantly hotter than the Azteeg with 2660 drivers. Further, there are giant heat sinks on the 2660 drivers - and no heat sinks on the 2130 drivers.

I'm really not sure why this is a problem. If you have evidence of heat causing issues with the electronics, please let us know and we'll take a look immediately. Life is hard enough as it is, though, so there's no need to create problems that don't exist.

If you want to add a fan, go for it. There are a few 5v options, as well as 24v options. I responded to one of your other threads with more information about that.

• @rbradford1111 Thanks I will try not too low initial layer

• Global Moderator

I have more than 30,000 prints on my Pulse XE and I can offer you some support for your issues. I also had bad layer shifting as you are experiencing. One problem with the Pulse is that you cannot print faster than 25-35mm/s. The other issue is bad firmware sent out with the printers. There is an updated firmware available for the Azteeg board, converting it from Smoothieware to Marlin. If support won't help you with this, I will make it available.

Another issue with the Pulse is dual z-axis stepper motors. No matter how many times you calibrate, even with duet3D auto level, no matter what anyone tells you, you will never achieve perfect synchronized z lift. I have modified my Pulse to lift two z-axis T8 lead screws with one - 48mm stepper placed under the printer. I have successfully printed more than 3000 prints without any change in lift between the two z steppers. I will post all instructions and printed files online so that you can modify your pulse.

Lastly, even with the new firmware, the Azteeg control board is still buggy. It seems like it has memory issues. And after 80 or more emails between Matterhackers and myself, there is no solution. So I will post another how to article on converting the Pulse to use the new Duet3D Mini 5+ board. You will have infinite control over your printer and will never have to compile Marlin again.

• @tinken Interresting. As mine is apart I was considering going to closed loop motors on the steppers and go to an SKR board . But right now I got more important projects

• @cope413 fuck you dude this is america freedom of speech worry about your own writings and sulk in the corner at language that bothers you. Paying 3 times the price for generic bearings, rods, a unverifiable e3d hotend with a 15 dollar heatsink ( btw the best part on there imo the threaded heatsink opposed to the groove ) shitty board with even shittier firmware and then these mother fucking communists have the nerve to offer 150 matter control pro, i wonder if that gets the functionality that it currently is denied. 1700 dollar printer envious over my ender 3 because it can use cura. What a joke . Mind your fucking business lame.

• @tinken YES now this is something i have been trying to figure out, on my own obviously ( how bizarre the pulse family is actually quite similar to my own) but i havent been able to gain too much about smoothie or w.e. im fairly confident i can flash the marlin firmware to the azteeg x5 gt but not confident enough to pull the trigger and risk what i can imagine would be a costly error if unable to reconcile any errors.
    So you have had success switching it to marlin with the azteeg x5gt? Perhaps you could send me the config files so i might compare it would be much appreciated

Dont get me wrong ive been producing decent prints its the overall matterhacker side of the experience that has me grumpy. Now theres communists on here editing peoples speech wtf get a life for fucks sakes.

Rbradford1111@protonmail.com ( idk if u can see my email in profile )

• @mpirringer i reprinted all the pulse parts with priline carbon fiber polycarbonate. My current most used filament. Other cool things cf pc has been doing pretty well at:![0_1626522882171_20210717_045416.jpg](Uploading 96%)and of course they are nickle dicking me over this massive 2mb file that i already hideously shrank down and defeated its whole purpose

• @rbradford1111 Post it someplace else and then post the link here like this
    alt text

You use the picture Icon and paste the link in it that way you can even post Gifs and videos as you embed the link. MH is not very good/supportive of its board here

• Global Moderator

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.