X-axis belt adjustment

• Just a learning moment to share:

Noticed my X-axis belt was sagging so before starting a new print tightened it up as per instructions. Went to print my next piece and it's now it won't print properly, half of the bed has no filament and then a "blob" and then prints.

Leveled the bed and better but still crappy, re-ran the Z calibration followed by another bed level routine, a final tweak of the Z axis and back in business.

Rookie mistake thinking adjust one axis wouldn't throw out anything else.

Live and learn!

• @pverdin You probably tightened it too much you want to be able to depress it so you want it to be a little taunt but slightly loos is less trouble than too tight

• That's all I tightened t it too, ironically I noticed it after reading up on printer maintenance and how tight to keep your belts.

• @pverdin said in X-axis belt adjustment:

Just a learning moment to share:
    Noticed my X-axis belt was sagging so before starting a new print tightened it up as per instructions. Went to print my next piece and it's now it won't print properly, half of the bed has no filament and then a "blob" and then prints.
    Leveled the bed and better but still crappy, re-ran the Z calibration followed by another bed level routine, a final tweak of the Z axis and back in business.
    Rookie mistake thinking adjust one axis wouldn't throw out anything else.
    Live and learn!

Wow, that's quite a learning journey you went through! It's interesting how adjusting one axis can have an impact on other aspects of the print. It's great that you were able to identify and address the issues by leveling the bed, recalibrating the Z axis, and making the necessary tweaks. Learning from these experiences is what makes us better at what we do. Keep up the fantastic work and happy printing!

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.