Pulse XE 32-bit upgrade

• Is the 32-bit upgrade worth the extra money? I was told it would not make much difference with a Cardizem machine like the Pulse XE? Is this true? Also wondering how hard it would be to add this upgrade myself later on?

• I'm wondering the same thing. I just signed it to this forum to help me decide if the pulse xe is worth the trouble. So far I have seen more cons than pros. Sounds like a lot of headaches. I hope I start seeing some more encouraging posts. I can't even find reviews on the pulse dxe except for Matterhackers content, which sounds like a dream machine, but I'm sure they are not going to say something negative about their own machines. I wanted to know if upgrading the pulse ex professional bundle from 8 bit to 32 bit was a good idea, but nobody knows? humm......

• I knew nothing about 3d printing but my research led me to the Pulse because of it's ability to do materials like NylonG and NylonX as I had a specific project in mind. I decided to load it up including the 32bit board and magnetic print bed and print dry system since I had the funds available at the time.

For a complete novice it came out of the box and worked, I was printing like a pro, there was a learning curve involved and some total failures but I complete that project on time. I like the printer, it's rock solid and the all metal hot end gives lot of flexibility when choosing filament. The magnetic bed means I have different print bed materials that I can change quickly and easily and I am screwing around with different tape and hair spray.

A year later I am still having fun but now I wish either MatterControl would be more flexible and usable like Cura or PrusaSlicer as working on face shields I don't have the luxury of setting layer by layer settings and the later versions of MC seem to lack even choosing a nozzle size. I have learn a lot with this printer and I like it still.

I am having some issues at the moment and I am sure it will all get worked out shortly. I can't comment on what the difference is between 8bit and 32bit sorry, but I like to up the game when buying new so took the plunge.

Would I buy another? Most likely, if I could easily use another slicer, definitely, I still have learned enough to deal with G code and modifying the code to use Cura at this point, not sure if Simplify3D is worth the money either.

• @pverdin said in Pulse XE 32-bit upgrade:

I knew nothing about 3d printing but my research led me to the Pulse because of it's ability to do materials like NylonG and NylonX as I had a specific project in mind. I decided to load it up including the 32bit board and magnetic print bed and print dry system since I had the funds available at the time.

For a complete novice it came out of the box and worked, I was printing like a pro, there was a learning curve involved and some total failures but I complete that project on time. I like the printer, it's rock solid and the all metal hot end gives lot of flexibility when choosing filament. The magnetic bed means I have different print bed materials that I can change quickly and easily and I am screwing around with different tape and hair spray.

A year later I am still having fun but now I wish either MatterControl would be more flexible and usable like Cura or PrusaSlicer as working on face shields I don't have the luxury of setting layer by layer settings and the later versions of MC seem to lack even choosing a nozzle size. I have learn a lot with this printer and I like it still.

I am having some issues at the moment and I am sure it will all get worked out shortly. I can't comment on what the difference is between 8bit and 32bit sorry, but I like to up the game when buying new so took the plunge.

Would I buy another? Most likely, if I could easily use another slicer, definitely, I still have learned enough to deal with G code and modifying the code to use Cura at this point, not sure if Simplify3D is worth the money either.

MatterHackers has a blog post on how to use Cura with pulse. It includes a printer profile etc. Took me about five minutes to configure.

• Global Moderator

This post is deleted!

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.