computer slow down

• computer slow down when using matter control

• I am running Windows 10 and have not noticed any slowing of the machine. I have seen the pulse pause whenever I am doing anything intensive on the machine but continue once the bottleneck resolves.

• I find it does after a while - looking at the resource monitor it seems MC has a memory leak and takes more and more memory with each print. at some time the computer will start using virtual memory and swap out to the disk causing a slow down. So it depends on how much ram your machine has as to if and when it appears. I combat that by "x-ing" out of MC every print or 2 (depending on the machine I run it on) and go back in to flush out all the memory

• mpirringer got that one on the nose there. Though they have fixed most of the memory leaks in the newer version.

If I run the same print without reslicing I can run it forever without a problem.
    Though after several slices I restart MC. If I don't the computer runs slow and older versions crash.

The thing is, MC (at least older versions) don't take advantage of anything over 8 gig of memory. The computer I run it on has 16, but MC never uses more than 6.9 gig. It just starts having issues after it uses up its allotted amount.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.