Set Selective Support Material Printing?

• New to MatterControl, but I think I've poked around at every nook and cranny of it over the past couple of days and one thing I don't see is the ability to set the generation of support material selectively.

Something like S3D, where apparently you can say "Print support material here, and here, but not there." (Tempted to buy S3D to try this)

So far I'm liking MatterControl over Cura. Having selective support material options would be bonus. If it's not already available, is it something that's being considered?

Thanks,

Dion

• MatterControl 1.7 does not have this feature, however we are working on adding it to MatterControl 2.0.

• Sweet!

S3D seems to make you peg every single area. Great for fine control, but if you want to sweep an area, not so great. Perhaps for MatterControl if you have a toggle to allow pin-point placement, or switch to "paint" mode and select and area? (Not sure how that would work in the 3D setting)

Dion

• The current plan is to allow you to add shapes (like cubes, cylinders, cones, etc.) and then support material will be added wherever needed within that shape.

• Interesting. I'll have to keep an eye out for the beta versions.

Thanks,

Dion

• Did selective support make it into MatterControl 2.0?

• MatterHackers

Hey @Cabacon

Selective support has made it into MC 2.0 which is currently undergoing some changes at the moment. Here is what we have at the moment but this is only available on the Alpha at the moment.

alt text

A bunch of new features and adjustments are being added every month so please let us know if there is anything you would like to see and we will see if we can make it happen down the road.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.