Under-Extrusion on Lower Resolution Prints

• Hello,

I have owned my UM2E+ for about a year and half now and I have never been able to utilize the full volume of my printer. I have pretty well tuned in high detail and engineering grade prints a higher resolutions but I have never been able to successfully print much beyond 0.1mm layer heights. Every attempt I have made has massive amounts of under-extrusion between the layers causing the print to either fail or be incredibly weak upon completion. This increased layer height should very well be achievable on this printer and should enable me to make much larger prints in "sane" time frames but I have yet to figure out the settings on this thing to print at lower resolutions.

Could someone take a look at the settings I am trying to run to see what I am doing wrong here. I am running Simplify3D and printing the Buster Sword model from MyMiniFactory.com with MatterHackers white ProPLA at 0.2mm layer height.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0ByF9Te1bFt... gallery of the model I am attempting to print as well as my settings in Simplify3D

Thanks!!

• There's nothing in your settings that stands out to me. Just to be sure, though, I think you should try doing the same print in Cura with Ultimaker's defaults. If that doesn't work then I would try increasing your extruder temperature in 5 degree increments. I've noticed that Ultimakers like to run hotter than most other printers. We have an article coming out soon on the relationship between temperature and speed, so keep an eye out for that. I think it will be helpful to you. Also, have you tried adjusting the tension on the feeder?

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.