Gap size

• OK, I see so often the mention of using a piece of paper to set the gap between bed and nozzle, does anyone know the measurement in real time,

• Depends on a lot of stuff. What weight paper are you using? How humid is it today? How long has the paper been sitting outside it's package? Here's a page I found that has common paper sizes and thicknesses.

http://www.paper-paper.com/weight.html

• It didn't really answer my question,but from reading your input, and the chart, it seems it is not a very accurate system.

• Most home printers are made of stuff that changes shape due to temperature and humidity, so the paper thing really should be close enough.

• MatterControl assumes your paper is 0.1 mm thick. You can adjust this under Settings > Printer > Print Leveling. If you are worried about accuracy, you could always use a proper feeler gauge.

• @unlimitedbacon said:

MatterControl assumes your paper is 0.1 mm thick. You can adjust this under Settings > Printer > Print Leveling. If you are worried about accuracy, you could always use a proper feeler gauge.

Thanks, that is why I asked the question, I have a set of feeler gauges, and was wondering what the measurement is.

I still haven't got my printer back to a working stage, since the power supply blew up and took other parts along with it.

So just gathering info I can use once it is working again.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.