Export to .amf failure

• Our Makerspace uses MatterControl with the 3d printer (a knock-off of the Flash Forge Creator.) I am trying to learn how to use MatterControl with a copy of the software downloaded and installed on my Linux Mint system. I installed Flash Forge Creator as the printer, but it is not, naturally, actually connected at home. One problem I can't seem to figure out is, it won't export a loaded and modified .stl file as an .amf file. I get an error that it "failed to export" every time. What should I look for?

• Exporting modified STLs seems to work on both Linux Mint and Windows here in the office, so the problem is probably elsewhere-- possibly to do with the model.

Can you upload a screenshot using Dropbox, Google Drive, or similar and paste the link here so we can see what the error looks like?

Have you run the model through Netfabb or a repair service to see if it's the geometry? https://service.netfabb.com/login.php

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.