FREE, FAST SHIPPING IN THE U.S.
CUSTOMER SERVICE +1 (949) 613-5838

Snapmaker: Is it worth it?

• Hey Matter Hackers community,

I am looking into getting a small 3d printer and am looking hard at the lulzbot mini but someone recently linked me https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/snapmaker/sna... and said that it would be a better investment because it could do laser engraving and cnc at half the cost which seemed interesting to me because I could use it for more things.

I am a little concerned about how it says it never needs to be leveled between prints and the specs seem a little too good to be true for the cost.

Does anyone have an expert opinion on the worth of this product?

• snapmaker 1
    Views

• Hi Synaesthios,

I am one of the Snapmaker Beta testers.

My opinion of the Snapmaker so far:

Pros:
    - REALLY easy to set up
    - REALLY convenient. (Yes it doesn't need re-leveling if you don't change modules or readjust the heated bed)
    - Very good quality of print. The results are imho as good as ultimaker ones.

cons:

- small build room (125*125*125
    -The beta of the slicing software is merely bad. But if you use e.g. Craftware, that problem is solved.
    - the heated bed takes almost 5 mins to get to more than 50 degrees Celsius. (At least it does reach around 80°... After some waiting)

I can't judge the CNC and Laser module yet, since I didn't test them so far.

I hope I was able to help you (even if it's 7 months late :P)

snapmaker 1
Views