Box walls printed with gaps between the wall "layers"

• I printed a custom enclosure for a project and an odd thing happened. The vertical walls came out with two distinct layers instead of being solid. See pictures for better explanation, you can easily slip a piece of paper between the walls. The model is solid (as best I can tell, that's how I want it). Bottom layer is great and sides are great so I don't think I'm underextruding. It feels like a glitch in the slicing. I used Matter Control using Matter Slice on a Malyan M150, ABS, .2mm layers, box walls are 2mm thick except where they're 1mm. All my other prints look great, Benchy is good with no funny "walls".

Any thoughts?

• Try downloading the new MatterControl 1.6 Alpha. We have greatly improved the handling of situations like this.

The problem is the gap between the perimeters is smaller than the nozzle diameter. Therefore, there is not enough room in there to lay down a full bead of plastic. In MatterControl 1.6 we added a feature that attempts to fill in these areas. You can enable it by going to Settings > General > Infill and check the box for Fill Thin Gaps.

• Interesting. So using a .4mm nozzle would you say that a wall thickness of 1.2mm (or any other multiple of .4) would avoid this? Or maybe anything larger than 1.2mm I guess...

• Anything larger than 1.2 mm should work. Exactly 1.2 mm tends to cause problems.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.