E3D Cyclops Errors

• I have K8200. I have added the 3de Cyclops to the printer. I have completed the wiring. The axes work properly, as well as, the heat bed and bed temp sensor. My problem arises with the hot end and temp sensor. I am using the latest Marlin firmware and Repetier V1.6.2. I think I have made all the proper changes to the Marlin firmware but I am still running into an issue.

Case 1

In Repetier under "Config>Printer Settings>Exturder" I have "Number of Extruder" set to 2. I have the box for "Printer has a Mixing Extruder" unchecked.

On the "Manual Control" tab, it shows Extruder 1 and Extruder 2. Extruder 1 has a temp of -20.00 C and Extruder 2 has a temp of 100.00 C. When the extruders are not turned on. When I turn on Extruder 1, I get and Error message about MINTEMP Heater_ID: 0. When I turn on Extruder 2, nothing happens.

Case 2

In Repetier under "Config>Printer Settings>Extruder" I have the "Number of Extruder" set to 2. And I have check the box next to "Printer has a Mixing Extruder". I get the same result as Case 1 except that there is no Extruder 2 temp gauge shown.

Is there anything I can upload/share to help resolve this problem? Please advise, Thank you.

• It sounds like there's either a physical problem with the thermistors or you didn't make the right changes to the firmware.

@TomanSager said:

I think I have made all the proper changes to the Marlin firmware but I am still running into an issue.

What were those changes, specifically?

@TomanSager said:

On the "Manual Control" tab, it shows Extruder 1 and Extruder 2. Extruder 1 has a temp of -20.00 C and Extruder 2 has a temp of 100.00 C. When the extruders are not turned on.

And 100°C was not the actual temperature? I assume both of these temperatures are wrong, but want to confirm.

@TomanSager said:

When I turn on Extruder 1, I get and Error message about MINTEMP Heater_ID: 0.

This typically indicates a short circuit or bad thermistor, so either of those could be the case.

• You need to trick the firmware into using the same thermistor for both extruders. Here are more instructions:

https://forums.matterhackers.com/topic/111/firmware-configuration-for-the-e3d-cyclops

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.