Why is this happening

• I am trying to print a model, have tried it on two occasions and the printer disconnected at identical places in the print.

once it disconnects, pressing the connect the T10 fails to opperate properly, I have to power it down and then power it on again.

Any ideas why this would happen.

• We'll need more specifics to know what happened.

Does the G-Code terminal indicate any error message when it disconnects? http://wiki.mattercontrol.com/Options/G-Code_Terminal

Since it happens in the same place, is it a specific command that causes the error? What is the command?

• I haven't tried it again yet, but I am wondering, could it be a driver problem, I know that if they over heat they will switch off.

Reason for asking this, you may remember me having a problem with the X axis juddering, and you suggested it may be a broken wire, which it was, but before that I had tried several drivers, may I didn't put the original back, and its not adjusted properly.

• Doubtful-- typically if a driver works then it works. It's not going to give out halfway through a print.

• mmm, I am sure I read somewhere that it the driver got to hot it would shut down.

• This post is deleted!

• You are correct-- stepper drivers will shut down if too hot. I thought you meant computer drivers, which would make more sense in the context of the printer disconnecting. A print is not likely to fail due to overheated stepper drivers; if a driver gets too hot it will lapse until it cools down then start up again.

• Goodday Ryan,

Tried an experiment on this, hoping to proof you wrong for a change(smile).

Yesterday, I tried the original file of this which I knew worked, and it worked again,

Darn I thought he is right again ( another big smile).

So reprinted the one in question this morning, and Guess what, it worked,

so we were both wrong, only thing I can put it down to is some sort of clitch in the

power.

• Interesting, and good to know. Is the printer connected to a surge protector? If not, it should be.

• Thanks Ryan for the ideas. no surge protector, but after this I must look into it.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.