Support Interface layer

• I'm printing some very complicated shapes which require much support material. Is there a way to increase the cooling time in between support material and model material for easier separation after the print completes? Which setting would this be?

Thanks,

Max

• At this time MatterControl does not have the ability to increase cooling time in between printing support material and model material. It's an interesting concept, and I'll add a note for the development team to review as they continue to improve the program.

The following settings have worked well for me, making removal of support material easier:

Interface Layers: 0
    Z Gap: 1mm
    X and Y Distance: 1mm

• I'm curious about the surface finish. I don't get a very nice surface anywhere I have support. What settings do I need to be looking at?

• @smithtec said:

> I don't get a very nice surface anywhere I have support. What settings do I need to be looking at?

The ones I mentioned in my previous reply are a good place to start. The interface layer tends to create problems, so I typically just leave that out. The X, Y, and Z distances create a gap between the model and the support which can affect aesthetics, so adjust those as needed. Just don't make them too big, or the model's overhang will droop.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.