Issues with dual extruder and weird geometry

• Hi Matterhackers! It's jessie, hope yall are well.

I am running into a weird issue with my Chimera-

I included an image below. I know my bed leveling was off, but even despite that, I seem to be having a strange issue with my print. It looks like the print is way off from what it should be. I havent configured my firmware for dual extrusion yet- still working on tweaking my hardware- but my expectation was as long as I was only using one extruder, it would still print fine, just be off from the center of the bed. Is this an issue because the calculation of where the center of the bed is in relation to the hot end?

• To be clear, this was a calibration box

• It looks kind of like its shifting along the X axis. I think it would be helpful to let it print some more and see what it does on subsequent layers. Does it continue shifting to the left, or does it just print a scrunched cube?

• I'll try that when I get home and let you know.

• A thought I just had- the printer used to be Direct Drive, and is now Bowden- I wonder if acceleration on the X axis might be my issue? Will give it a shot.

• I would think that switching to bowden would only improve things. Less moving mass on the carriage means you can get higher acceleration (F=ma).

• I found out what the issue was! The allen screw on the hob gear on the x axis belt backed out enough to catch on the frame of the printer, and was causing occasional issues

• Nice. Maybe you should put some loctite on it or something.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.