FREE, FAST SHIPPING IN THE U.S.
CUSTOMER SERVICE +1 (949) 613-5838

My MC 10 is useless

• I recently ordered a Robo 3DR1 Plus with the new MC 10 tablet with it. The Tablet simply cannot finish most of its prints. The only thing it can print consistently is the calibration ring. It constantly crashes on my projects with no regard to difficulty or file size. Sometimes it crashes the project into my print, sometimes it fails to even start. It fails to preheat my extruder or bed at times and some times it just stops mid pre heat for no reason. The printer often pauses during a print for long periods of time, then starts back up again, with no apparent drops or spikes in extruder temp. When it does crash, (most of the time after a long pause) it often leaves my extruder on while the rest of the program returns to the home set up where you hit the print button. Last night the nozzle burned the end of my print black and now my extruder nozzle is all blackened and nasty looking. I have no idea if it caused any damage to my Robo. Right now I am too frustrated to continue using my controller. I don't want to damage my machine or burn my house down with continued use of the MC 10. Another issue I have is the tablet seems to be somewhat cheap in construction with USB and power connections that are more worthy of a 50 dollar tablet than a 300 dollar one. My USB sits in it like crap, and I can tell you now that this machine will not stand up to repeated plugging and unplugging. The power cord is ridiculously short and loose, and has actually fell half way out of the socket of the tablet once during a print. The screen protector (if that is what it is) has more bubbles in it than it should have. The MC 10 also took a number of restarts and about two days of fiddling with it to get it to even update. In fact, for it to even run I have to restart it often or it will just simply continue to throw all kinds of buggy behavior out. I tried calling MatterHackers (to have another question answered about the Robo build plate interface) but I have never received a return call regarding a simple question that Robo cannot even answer regarding the MC 10. I am super disappointed in this product. I was really excited when this first came out, but now I feel like I have just paid for a product that was not tested well, and now I have to find all the bugs. I don't want to do this for 30 days just to find out I can't get my money back or get it to ever work correctly either. Reading through all the posts here and from what I have garnished from the few others who have this product I have surmised that the MC 10 is not yet ready for prime time. Maybe I am wrong and I just got a junked MC 10 that slipped past QC. It happens. If I can get this resolved I will definitely reflect that in an update to this post. At this point point however, it would seem that the SD card shuffle would be faster, simpler and safer. Right now I can tell you MC 10 most likely NOT the future of my printing and that's too bad. I really want this thing to work for me. It has so many cool things going for it, but I don't have the time to deal with three tries per print or the money to burn for a half of a spool of PLA for one small project.

I guess that makes me curious if anyone has had their MC 10 live up to its advertised claims of awesomeness? Is the older smaller version of the MC tablet as buggy as the 10? I have read a few glowing reviews, but they seem to be the minority. Even on the Robo forums they say the first thing you should do is ditch Matter Control. I figured with the 10 most of the problems would be sorted out.

Also, how does MatterHackers deal with refunds or replacements when the unit is included with a printer like mine did with the Robo 3DR1 Plus? Do I have to get a refund or new unit from Robo?

• crash 5 t10 3
    Views

• Oops, I should have posted this under the Matter Control Touch forums. My apolgies.

• @19kilo Sorry to hear you are having troubles with the T10. Sounds like you may have a defective unit, we can send you a new one asap. Please email me: support@matterhackers.com

We don't often get returns but we stand by our product and are eager to help you succeed. In the event that the product does not meet your expectations, I assure you that we can facilitate a return with your money back, seems like you let us know in sufficient time within your purchase.

To start some preliminary diagnosis - I am curious what the file the T10 continues to crash when attempting to print, if you are able to share, please attach it in your email.

Look forward to hearing from you.

• I have had great results with my T10 - A few longer prints (9 hours +) have printed beautifully. One file I tried (admittedly a huge STL) crashed the program while slicing but that is the only failure I have had. I was able to slice in my Mac and transfer the gcode to the T10, printed without any issues using that work-around. Agreed that the solution is not bulletproof, but very happy with the T10 after using it nearly every weekend since it has arrived.

I am taking full advantage of the camera and the cloud library features. I have the smaller mattercontrol touch as well, that had issues when i first got it, but every update (seems to want to update once a month of so) has improved software robustness features.,

• @TheBigWheel said:

I have had great results with my T10 - A few longer prints (9 hours +) have printed beautifully. One file I tried (admittedly a huge STL) crashed the program while slicing but that is the only failure I have had. I was able to slice in my Mac and transfer the gcode to the T10, printed without any issues using that work-around. Agreed that the solution is not bulletproof, but very happy with the T10 after using it nearly every weekend since it has arrived.

I am taking full advantage of the camera and the cloud library features. I have the smaller mattercontrol touch as well, that had issues when i first got it, but every update (seems to want to update once a month of so) has improved software robustness features.,

Thanks Bigwheel, that's encouraging to hear. MatterHackers is sending me a new MC 10. I hope my new one works as well as yours. I have taken advantage of the camera feature too, and for a couple of prints that I got to work it did send me an email and I could observe the print in progress. That is super cool. I love the cloud feature as well. That part did work for me and it came in handy as my shop has no internet access. The interface is super easy, even on advanced. I still need to learn what the eprom settings do though :-)

• I like my MC Touch 10". The one thing I had to come to terms with is that it simply isn't a PC - the hardware will limit users in some ways. Very large models have crashed the system when slicing and slicing DOES take a lot longer on a tablet.

I usually use it to run gcode sliced in S3D or MatterSlicer on Windows. I like the camera and notification features.

p.s. Has anyone devised a mount for this tablet? I would specifically like a mount for a Rostock Max V2, but I think anything could be adapted.

• I printed a stand for my T10, but it will not be suitable for other machines, I love the T10, but have problems with large fingers and the Android Keyboard, tried using a bluetooth one but the T10 fails with it, I am hoping that they fix that problem real quick, but I don't think I will hold my breath on it.

crash 5 t10 3
Views